Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Two more down

Finished two more of my SWAP tops yesterday, now the only cut out project is the black plaid skirt suit, which is technically not part of the SWAP, although the jacket is the test for the SWAP jacket, so that's why it's in the queue. I'm ambitiously hoping to have them done by the end of this week or the first part of next week.

So all I have left to do, other than the jacket, is three white/cream tops, one of which will be made from the fabric from Timmel that's still working it's way down from Canada, and a pair of pants.I'm waffling now on which pattern to use for those. Since I have the skirt morph, I don't have to make them from the altered New Look pattern. I really think the legs on that are wider than what I want for gray flannel, so I'm trying to decide between Loes Hinse's Oxford Pants and Nancy Erikson's Fashion Sewing Group Pants. The FSG pants will need to be altered; I haven't corrected the pattern since my first pair. But, that's something I really want to do, so that pattern is useful, so maybe this is the time to do it. I'll probably change my mind about 4 more times before I get the skirt suit done and can get back to SWAP sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real comments are always welcome! Spam comments will never see light of day ;-)